Don't smoke it, drip it!
With KnowledgeMatters, we thrive to be as independent as possible regarding big business and government. One field of business that we are particularly sceptical about is the pharmaceutical industry.
With a continually rising yearly turnover of 54 billion dollar on cancer in the USA alone (2009, 2003: 20 billion), there seems to be little interest in cheaper and natural healing possibilities.
One of the products that has been linked to curing cancer is cannabis oil. For us, this was the main reason to gather knowledge on this matter and produce this oil ourselves.
Next to the method of preparation, information on the different health claims that have been made we also want to make this oil accessible for anyone that needs some!
What is Cannabis oil?
Cannabis oil is a thick, sticky, resinous substance made up of a high concentration of cannabinoids, such as THC and CBD, extracted from the cannabis plant (Cannabis sativa or Cannabis indica). Cannabis oil is a cannabis based product obtained by separating the resins from cannabis flowers using a solvent extraction process.
Cannabis oil is the most potent of three main cannabis products, which are the actual cannabis flower (marijuana), resin (hashish), and oil (cannabis oil). Cannabis oil is the most concentrated form of the three main cannabis products.
Some of the conditions cannabis oil has been used for include: cancer, diabetes, crohn's disease, gout, pain relief, Glaucoma, Opioid Dependence, treating alcohol abuse, epilepsy, psoriasis, anorexia, asthma, adrenal disease, inflammatory bowel disease, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, migraines, Dravet syndrome, Doose syndrome, Multiple sclerosis.
Cannabis oil also has antioxidant properties. This property makes cannabis oil useful in the treatment and prevention of wide variety of diseases, such as ischemic, age-related inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Cannabis oil may also have a use as neuroprotectants for such things like limiting neurological damage following a stroke or head trauma. It can also be used in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia.
To find out how it works, see this site
Several studies have proven the medicinal qualities of this oil. For a list of these 34 studies, see this site
How to make your own oil:
Ingredients (for 100ml):
- 35-gram of leftover leaves (after clipping) with both THC and CBD
- 1-Ltr of Ethanol
- Olive oil
To cook: rice-cooker, heating plate or bottle heater
- Put the leaves (clippings) in a pantyhose and soak it for 5 to 10 minutes in Ethanol (after 10 minutes more than 95% of the THC and CBD will be absorbed by the Ethanol) When the Ethanol is dark green it's ready to boil
- Boil the Ethanol until almost everything has vaporized (it will vaporize at a temperature of 70 degrees)
- Add hot water to the boiling Ethanol to make sure the oil doesn't get too hot and the THC and BCD won't burn (use small portions during the cooking process).
- Once the ethanol and water have vaporized (the smell of alcohol will be gone by now), the boiling is finished.
- Add olive-oil to the mixture (use organic oil for the best result, other oils are also usable)
- Heat the oil again to remove (vaporize) the last remains of ethanol and water. After heating the oil for a few minutes, you're done!
- The oil can be put in small bottles and should be preserved in the fridge for at least 4 hours (preferably all night). Kept in the fridge, it will be useful for 6 months.
Adding olive oil will make sure the body ingests the oil better.
Ingredients can be found online, use this site